- raising finance and managing cash flow;
- recruiting and developing staff;
- improving leadership and management skills;
- attracting and keeping customers; and
- making the most of digital technology.
Growth Vouchers can be worth up to £2,000 but must be match-funded by the start-up or SME. As long as the start-up meets the eligibility requirements on application they will be pooled. In its test phase, the Department for Business Innovation and Skills and the Cabinet Office's Behavioral Insights team will pick successful applicants at random to benefit from the scheme.
This initiative is designed to drive innovation and underpin the growth of the start-up scene. The London tech scene is as complex and diverse as it is brilliant, and whilst some companies are quick to take up professional advice others are less forthcoming. It is hoped that this initiative will bolster access to professionals and consequently, the likelihood of start-up success.